Monday, September 29, 2008

Preparing for the Journey


This is not a picture of my transportation for my sabbatical journey! It is actually a picture of a boat on the Sea of Galilee taken by my friend, Blair Both, on her journey to Israel earlier this year. Journies, whether by land, air or sea, seem to take a long time to plan. In less than a month I will leave New Harmony for three months of travelling, studying, exploring, and resting. In the next few weeks until I leave things will undoubtedly get hectic. I am trying to make this preparation time a part of the whole experience. It is the work I need to be involved in right now and it is important. It is not just about making sure I have the right clothes for cooler weather and that I have all the various accessories I will need for travel; it is more about preparing my mind and heart to receive this time. If I don't do that work this adventure will slip away in a fog of busyness. Preparation is part of the journey. It may be the part I least like but I want to invest myself in doing it well. So it is on to the next task...

No comments: