Saturday, October 25, 2008

On Sabbatical - On Hold

I am at the Alleghany County Public Library in Sparta, NC. My high speed internet at home is being repaired by Embarq, who are my new best friends! I have been on the phone with them so much they get lonely when I don't call. Technology is... frustrating.


I have been resting and reading. Yesterday was rainy and dark - a good day for a pot of tea and a good book. Today is sunny and when I get home I am going to rake some leaves away from the front of the house. I will send pictures soon (I hope) of the leaves, the house and the mountains.


The landscape of God's creation is a cathedral of unparalleled beauty. I realize this often as I drive through the gentle landscape of southwestern Indiana. The fields are constantly changing colors and are a rich patchwork quilt of gold, green, orange and brown. The beauty stops me in my tracks, literally causing me to pull over to the side of the road at times to soak it in. When I got to Wytheville, Va and caught sight of the Blue Ridge Mountains for the first time I had the same reaction. The gentle, smoky blues of the ridges falling away over and over across the landscape stopped me once again. Such a variety of colors that God has created for us in this earthly sanctuary.

I will send pictures as soon as my friends at Embarq fix the cable or whatever is broken. Until then, Lucy the librarian here at ACPL will be helping me communicate. From Sparta....

1 comment:

CenturyLinkJoey said...

Hi Martha,

This is Joey with Embarq's customer Reach Out. I hope that your internet is being fixed as we speak. If you need any assistance from me just shoot me an email at Embarq_Joey@embarq.com. We're here to help. Nature is beautiful this time of year. Especially the Blue Ridge Mountains.